UN – Children’s Day 17 Nov – 19 Nov, 2020
|Date:||17 Nov – 19 Nov, 2020
23 Nov 2020
|Reporters name and contact details:||Ghulam Rasool Wakili
|Name and Type of Event||International Children Day:
Campaign name: Let’s treat children as Prophet Mohammad did!
Organized by: WISE
Places: Herat & Badghis
Funded by: TDH & BMZ
|Number of participants||Herat: 113 (male and female)
Badghis: 102 (male and female)
|A brief outline of key issues and challenges addressed in the event
| The issues addressed included:
1. The event and especially the awareness-raising efforts helped the parents, teachers, and religious trainers to better understand the rights of children and their significant role in more effective growing the children and protecting them in all spheres of their life;
2. The children could find a free atmosphere to closely interact with their parents and trainers and enjoy the time.
3. It also let the participants have a better perception of NGOs and their projects in the area and strengthened the trust among the local community and project staff.
4. The only challenge during the three days of the campaign was the presence of community leaders in Kahdestan (Herat) in the programs as we were recommended by WASSA not to engage with them temporarily.
|Remarks||· During the campaigns, the children and participants particularly the females were given masks so that they may agree for taking pictures or any other document.
· For beneficiary selection, more focus has been on the direct beneficiaries of the project, especially the children.